Pigmentation, PIH, Melasma, Acne breakouts, Redness, Large pores, Fine lines, Light facial hair
How are skin irregularities formed?
- Pigmentation in the skin can arise from injury to the skin, sun exposure or hormonal forces. They can be classified as pigmentation spots/sunspots, PIH (post inflammatory hyperpigmentation) or
- Any injury to the skin either from laser, chemical peel or acne breakouts are known as PIH. Darker skin tones tend to develop them more easily.
- Sun exposure can also result in pigmentation spots and some individuals are more susceptible to it.
- Hormonal imbalance from pregnancy or skin injuries can also result in patchy pigmentation known as melasma.
- Large pores from oilier skin types.
- Redness from rosacea and/or skin type and ethnic background
- Fine lines from aging and volume loss, loss of elasticity of skin
- Fine facial hair or fuzz
Treatments will depend on what type of irregularities you have, your skin type and any recent sun exposure due to a greater risk of burning especially if laser treatments are used.
We have many different devices and treatments that may help with one or more of the conditions.
Laser genesis – Laser Genesis is a non-invasive, relaxing treatment that promotes vibrant and healthy-looking skin by producing new collagen. It effectively reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, tightens pores, fights acne breakouts, reduces oil production, improves overall skin texture, treats sun damage and helps to reduce any redness on the skin. It is good for all skin types.
IPL Photofacial – Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Photofacial Treatments are used for the removal of sun-damaged skin on lighter skin tones, such as those that burn easily. A series of IPL treatments can treat sunspots, redness, large pores and other skin discolorations by delivering a broad spectrum of light energy at multiple wavelengths to the dermis of the skin, infiltrating the subsurface skin layers for gentle and gradual results. Downtime after the treatment is minimal, with optimal results appearing after 7-14 days.
Dermaneedling – Dermaneedling uses small needles to effectively stimulate collagen production in the skin. Good for all skin types, it can help to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, and stretch marks. Patients are left feeling rejuvenated and with younger looking, healthier skin.
Dermaplaning – surgical blade is used to remove fine facial hair or fuzz, mild exfoliation of dry skin. Good for all skin types.
Carbon peel – A carbon peel is a completely painless laser treatment with minimal-to-zero downtime. It penetrates deep into the pores to absorb oil and other contaminants. It is good for all skin types, but highly beneficial for people with oily skin, blackheads, enlarged pores, dull skin, and acne on the face or body. A carbon peel can also stimulate collagen and help to even skin tone and texture.
Peels & home care products — Best for Melasma as heat from laser treatments can make it worse. Chemical peels are also great to reduce skin pigmentation, soften fine lines and pores, and improve overall skin texture. Topical lightening creams, those containing hydroquinone and non-hydroquinone products can be used at home as well to help with dark spots, improving overall skin appearance.
Combination treatment are available as well to treat various skin conditions during your appointment
- 2D treatment with laser genesis and IPL will target fine lines, acne breakouts, redness, and sun damage.
- Dermaplaning and laser genesis is best to remove fine facial hair, light exfoliation of the superficial layer of skin with dermaplaning and with laser genesis will address textural condition of your skin, such as fine lines and large pores
- Dermaneedling and chemical peels combined will improve fine lines, wrinkles by stimulating collagen production, and will help with skin pigmentation from melasma, sun damage, and brown spots.
We offer all these treatments and more at both our Hillcrest and Solana Beach locations. Book an appointment with us today or request a complimentary, in-office consultation with one of our nurses. Your journey to beautiful skin starts here!